Installing Omnitracs XRS Mobile
Your mobile device must be activated with your plan provider before you install Omnitracs XRS Mobile.
Initial Installation of Omnitracs XRS Mobile
Omnitracs XRS Mobile is available for Android.
See System Requirements for information regarding Omnitracs XRS Mobile requirements.
Installing Omnitracs XRS Mobile on an Android Device
If you are installing Omnitracs XRS Mobile on a device that uses the Android 7.0 (Nougat or higher) operating system, you will be prompted to allow permissions after you have installed Omnitracs XRS Mobile. You must allow all permissions in order for Omnitracs XRS Mobile to operate.
Note: You will only be prompted to allow permissions if you are installing Omnitracs XRS Mobile on an Android 6 device for the first time. You will not be prompted if you are upgrading from an older to a newer version of Omnitracs XRS Mobile.
Allowing Permissions When Prompted
- 1. After you install Omnitracs XRS Mobile, you receive a series of prompts requesting you to allow the permissions that are required by Omnitracs XRS Mobile. For each prompt, select Allow.
- All permissions must be allowed in order for Omnitracs XRS Mobile to operate.
- 2. If you deny one or more permissions, the Required Permissions screen appears, listing the permissions the app still needs access to in order to function. Select OK.
- 3. Restart Omnitracs XRS Mobile. After you restart, you are prompted to allow any permissions that you previously denied
- 4. Select Allow for each required permission.
- Note: DO NOT select the "Never ask again" check box on these prompts. If you select this option and then select Deny, you will not be prompted again to allow the permissions. Instead, you will have to go into the settings for the Omnitracs XRS Mobile app and manually allow the permissions (see Manually Allowing Permissions below for instructions). You will not be able to operate Omnitracs XRS Mobile until all required permissions are allowed.
Manually Allowing Permissions
If you do deny any permissions and select the "Never ask again" check box, you will need to manually allow each denied permission in order to use Omnitracs XRS Mobile.
- 1. To manually allow permissions, select the Settings icon for your device (usually found on the home screen), then select the applications manager. The label will differ depending on the device you're using, but it's often called "Applications Manager" or simply "Apps."
- 2. Select Omnitracs XRS from the list of apps, then select Permissions.
- 3. Select the slider for each permission listed in order to allow it.
Android Permissions Required by Omnitracs XRS Mobile
The following is a list of the permissions that Omnitracs XRS Mobile requires when installed on an Android device:
- USB Storage
- Screen Lock
For more information on why these permissions are necessary, see the Android Permissions List.